The donation is free, but we suggest to donate at least 4€. This will allow us to support both the author’s work and the site maintenance.
The payment is via PayPal. Paypal accepts the majority of the debit and credit cards without a PayPal account.
We don’t guarantee the refunds, but we’ll do everything we can to solve any possible problem. Our purpose is to have a fully satisfied user.
After donating, you’ll receive the download link via e-mail. If you don’t receive it immediately, please check your spam folder.
Gurwinder comes from Punjab, he’s been working for years as a farm hand in Agro Pontino, not far from Rome. Since he first came in Italy, he’s been living with the rest of the Sikh community in Latina province. Hardeep is also Indian, but her stress is Roman, and she works as a cultural mediator.
She, born and raised in Italy, is trying to free herself from the memories of a family that emigrated in another age, while he is forced, against his faith, to take methamphetamine and doping to bear the heavy work pace, to be able to send money in India.
A docu-musical that, for the first time, combines the documentary and the traditional Punjabi choreographies, to show the humiliation of the workers in the fields, exploited by the gang-masters. Two stories intertwining, during one day, from the work in the fields from the first hours of the morning to the evening prayer in the temple. A tough work of seeding, day after day, whose deserved harvest, between residence permits to be renewed and fake pay checks, still appears very far.
Director assistant, editing: Angelica Gentilini
Seconda camera operator: Nicola Zambelli
Original Soundtrack and audio post: Claudio Cadei
Editing: Corrado Iuvara (A.M.C.)
DOP: Salvo Lucchese
Set Audio: Alessio Festuccia
Production team: Marta Melina, Elisa Russo, Isabella Urru, Calogero Greco, Paolo Bonapace, Andrea Legni, Roberto Zinzi, Lavinia Leonelli, Vasco Fondra, Martina Rossetti, Marco Federici
Choreographer: Mario Coccetti
Cast: Hardeep Kaur, Gurwinder Singh, Marco Omizzolo, Simone Andreotti, Gurmuk Singh, Sarbjit Chauhan, Slick Steve and the Gangsters, Stephen Hogan, Pietro Ettore Gozzini, Beppe Facchetti, Alle B. Goode, Bhangra Vibes, Harvinder Singh, Ajaypal Singh, Mandeep Singh, Maninder Singh, Ajay singh, Nirbhay singh, Hazur Singh, Jagbir Singh
Crowdfunding Team: Anna Romani, Virginia Carolfi, Vanessa Torcasso, Giulia Prenna, Margherita De Luca
Web and graphics: Ettore Santucci, Calogero Greco
Press: Carla Falzone, Arianna Monteverdi
Translations: Jorawar Singh, Roberto Zinzi, Giulia Delfini.
With the support of: Cooperativa InMigrazione
Language: Italian, english, punjabi
- Special Mention Warsaw HumanDoc Film Festival 2017 (Poland)
- Winner Best Documentary Noida International FF 2018 (India)
- IDFA – Doc for sale 2017 (Holland)
- Second Prize Finca Buenos Aires 2018 (Argentina)
- Cinemambiente Torino 2018 – Panorama (Italy)
- Working Title FF 2018 (Italy)
- Pesaro Doc Fest 2018 (Italy)
- Sardinia FF 2018 (Italy) – Diari di Cineclub Price
- San Francisco Green Film Festival 2018 (USA)
- Independent FilmFestival Osnabrück 2018 (Germany)
- Festiver 2018 (Colombia)
- Terra di Tutti Film Festival 2018 – Special Mention (Italy)
- CinePobre FF 2018 (Mexico)
- FINCADH Film Festival 2018 (Costa Rica)
- FINCADH Film Festival 2018 (Paraguay)
- Tutti nello stesso piatto FF 2018 (Italy)
- Sikhlens FF 2018 (USA)
- Festival Cinema Diritti Umani di Napoli 2018 (Italy)